Dolls

 Hello guys!
This is minatokirins and today I want to talk about dolls, specifically Monster High dolls.

I grew up with Monster High and I had a few dolls of my own too. I don't remember exactly which and they are now lost in the sea that is my childhood bedroom. I also kept up with the magazine quite regularly when it was still around and knew a good bit of lore.

I've had a passing interest lately, despite the fact that I'm in college now, but I'm not thinking of becoming a collector, since I don't have an income of my own to support that.

Needless to say, I do have a wishlist, so without further ado, I will show you what I consider to be the prettiest dolls. I love fashion and everything pretty.

I'll start with Isi Dawndancer:


This gorgeous doll is quite rare to come by these days, and it goes from hundreds of dollars and upwards on sites like ebay. I found one on a local site at a okay-ish price. It is used but beggars can't be choosers. She is gorgeous, I love the patterns, the color scheme, the imagery, and the headdress. Her makeup is also beautiful. What is not to love?

Next comes Lagoona Blue Dead Tired and her hydration station:

This doll isn't remarkably dressed but I enjoy the concept. I think somewhere there you can pour water and it's like a mini aquarium type of situation. This doll is quite rare as well and expensive.

Note that most of these dolls are rare and pricey nowadays because they have been discontinued and replaced with the new gen dolls. I don't like them because they lack individuality and eye for fashion. The eccentric, older ones are the ones I love, and a lot of Monster High fans agree. MH doesn't get much publicity nowadays so it makes sense that a lot of the fans grew up with it and like the older dolls.

Next up is Catrine DeMew, the standard (?) doll and Ghoul Chat version:



I don't have much to say, I don't even remember this character, but the color scheme and outfit are beautiful and the eye makeup too.

Spectra Vondergeist, specifically the standard doll and Dot Dead Gorgeous, but I love her whole look so much, so I'd be fine with any version of her I can find:



This doll is honestly just mesmerizing. I like the hair down version more, but I was only able to find the second doll for purchase.

I wouldn't be myself if I didn't include some version of Cleo deNile in here, since I love everything ancient Egypt - and its imagery. Unfortunately I have never been a big fan of her or her dolls, despite my love for the concept. The one doll of hers I'd consider is the Frights Camera Action edition, and you'll understand why:


This doll is glamorous! So much so that it doesn't even look like her. The hairstyle is perfect, and so is that loose, flapper-style dress, and the headband. Her trademark black kohl looks gorgeous with that deep crimson lip, I love everything about this doll.

When it comes to Draculaura, I happen to have several favorites, despite never really being a fan of her character. She is just too much of a fashion icon.


This is the Draculaura Haunt Couture and I have reason to believe it is a new gen doll because her face is rounder than the old doll. I don't mind this, it's the only new gen I like, because it's bolder and not washed out like the other dolls in its line. It's not my favorite, but it's quite pretty.

Edit: I checked and I was right in my assumption, this doll was from a limited edition series released in 2022.



These two are Skull Shores and Make a Splash, respectively. The swim-ready doll is a super cute concept which is why I included those two in here, it works for her because her swimsuits are cute, and her hairstyles. Otherwise I'm not particularly interested in this collection.


This is a very cute geisha-inspired Draculaura from the Monster Exchange line and it's giving everything it's supposed to give. I know none of it is historically accurate, but I love the outfit, the pumps and the hairstyle, though I think she could do without the hairpiece.


This is the Powder Room doll which I don't have much to say about. It's just a cute doll that comes with its own vanity. I like the kimono and the hairstyle.


As a runner-up I am choosing Haunt the Casbah, though I originally wanted to make her my absolute favorite. Here ms Draculaura is glowing and it's all working for her: the dress, the vampire bangs, and the sparkles. The hairdo and hairpiece are both super cute. It's a glamorous doll.



I couldn't not make the Roadster my favorite, despite her glaring lack of bangs. Even if it's not remarkable fashion wise, it's still an effortlessly chic look, giving vampire Barbie realness in her cute black and pink convertible.

Lastly, my all-time favorite has to be every version of Rochelle Goyle there is, but unfortunately I was VERY unlucky when looking for any edition of this doll to purchase. Here is the standard and the Love in Scaris:



And here is the drawing of her I have on my own vanity:


There is a character whom I love as much as Rochelle, so much so that I had a poster up of her in my bedroom back at home. I am talking about C.A. Cupid, and this was the poster:


I looked up if there was ever a doll made after this character and there was, but I didn't like it. 

If you have reached the end, thank you for reading! The next big post I'm planning to write is a review of the game Drowned God. This game is from 1996 and it entertains the conspiracy theories that aliens are behind every milestone in human history. It contains quite a lot of real life lore and it is reasonably hard to enjoy and understand without it, so I bought some books about different myths and legends and also history books. My interest in it was sparked by hearing that the creator was a suicide murderer who killed his wife and then himself in 2007. Since I love to read about crime, I definitely wanted to play a game that was essentially the brainchild of a to-be criminal. I plan to write a thorough review, but I don't know when I'll be done with it, since I am trying to stay afloat with my exams as well.

Don't forget to check out my tumblr blog as well: https://www.tumblr.com/voidarchives. I am posting screenshots and imagery from Drowned God as I play, and other things. It's just another glimpse into my world.

Until next time! 💋💗

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Game review - Yakuza 3

Perfume review: Cloud Pink by Ariana Grande

Lazy morning