Gal make (for parties, events etc.)

There comes a time in everyone's lives where they fall asleep watching NASCAR, wake up with a throbbing headache that seems to travel down their whole face and then spend the next 8 or so hours just watching AHS: Murder House in their pyjamas. I know I've been there. I've been there today unfortunately so I decided to put my mind off of it by... writing a make up tutorial.
So it's no secret that I love japanese gal fashion. In fact I made this very blog to write about it but I got caught up in other things like game and movie reviews. Well today I am going to stay true to what this blog was actually created for and show you how I do my gal make for events, parties etc.
Before I start I have to make some things clear:
• You will need to moisturize your face before this especially if you have a very dry face like me. My creams are back at my apartment and I'm home for the summer, but just a heads up, moisturize your face like 2 times before you start
• This will take some skill and the use of liquid eyeliner can be intimidating. I've been doing makeup since I was a child so it's no problem for me but if you don't feel secure in your technique you should practice more
• I do not use foundation; finding my shade is too much of a hassle and frankly it's just not a product I use. At most, I use the BB cream from "Holika Holika" (I have the pink shimmery one)
• I do not droop my eyes. I've seen Western gals who don't do this and I think it's correct, I've tried it and it looks stupid on me. If it works for you it works but I think we should work with our features not against them. Frankly drooping my eyes is an affront to my facial features. 
If you're going to ask how can I gal without drooping my eyes, well my inspirations are earlier gal, and some substyles that don't have this practice either:
• This look is very versatile and can be dialed up or down depending on what you wish to achieve. Dial up with bigger eyeliner, lashes, more color etc.
• Unfortunately I don't own contact lenses but this look could benefit from them.

So I start by filling in my eyebrows. Choose a light color (or whichever fits you really, I do light or dark) and fill them in but don't overdo it: you always need less brow than you think.

Then do your base eyeshadow as you wish.
I use this Dior palette and my rotation is basically this:
And I've personally never changed it but you can use more colors if you wish, for a colorful gal look. Just stay true to lighter color as base and darker color on eye corner.
Remember to build the color up slowly and always blend it in.

Now I can say the fun begins which is when you whip out your trusty eyeliner and go ham. My eyeliner of choice is Kat Von D's "Tattoo Liner", which is waterproof. And miss Kat isn't playing, that thing lasts, baby. But mine is running out so I won't be using it now, I'll use "Eyes on fleek" from Mesauda.
Start on your top lid with a very simple wing, making it thicker around where your pupils are. (You'll see what I mean in a second)

Now use a white eyeliner pencil to fill in the inner corner all the way to your aegyo-sal (even if us Westerners dont really have that) BTW!!! Nothing has to look perfect at this stage!! Trust the process :)

Now you'll need to line your bottom lid but in a really specific way idk to explain. You can use liquid eyeliner but I find that pencil has higher precision for the bottom lid.or you could use gel or whatever works for you. 
So basically thicker around the outer corner, thinner in the inner corner! Feel free to clean up the white with a q-tip at this stage, fix up the inner corners and apply powder. You may also reinforce the white pencil with white eyeshadow.
Now lashes tie this look together. You'll need top and bottom. I only have top lashes and I'm not particularly fond of this set but I put one on just to show how it transforms the eye:

as I said I'm not fond of these lashes. They are mink lashes from aliexpress- too thick and they look like they've been through hell and back 😬 but they're all I had on hand.
When I don't have bottom lashes I just put on mascara.
So anyways this was my gal make tutorial!! This look is a classic and very easy to do. So there is no need at all to droop your eyes to do gal, for those like me who think they look ridiculous when they do it. 🫶💗💗

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Game review - Yakuza 3

Perfume review: Cloud Pink by Ariana Grande

Lazy morning