Ancient Egyptian Kitty Cat (Cleolei)

 I've always liked Monster High but I've never been a fan. Being a fan of something suggests things like engaging with the media, knowing lore etc., and while I read the magazines pretty diligently, I never watched any shows or movies or been on the hunt per se for any special dolls. My love for it was simply residual from my greater passion, which is fashion, aesthetics and anything pleasing to the eye. I was born with an artistic sense of aesthetics but unfortunately I possess very little creativity, despite having artistic talent.

Anyhow, these days I came into the possession of this particular Monster High doll, which seems to be a fusion between Cleo de Nile and Toralei:


I was simply browsing through a marketplace in search for anything and this was recommended to me. I'd never seen this doll before but I was instantly drawn to it, so I quickly got in contact with the seller to buy it. When I figured out this was an ancient Egyptian kitty, I was ecstasic, since I love ancient Egyptian themes.

The doll itself isn't an OG, but from an ulterior line of dolls, the Freaky Fusions, from 2014. She seems slightly smaller than my Rochelle doll, but I can't tell for sure; either way, it's a negligible difference. The seller didn't/couldn't send me her stand, so I had to borrow it from Rochelle. 😫😔

When the doll came into my possession she was in quite good state, except for her hair, which was messy. I had very little basic cleaning and styling to do: I just straightened her hair with boiling water, and fixed a weird cowlick that had formed in her bangs. After her hair was dry, I dressed her back up and put her headdress on her head, instead of on her bangs, because I felt like this was cuter, and had more stability.

The dressing was the hardest part, because of her little cropped jacket, that is probably my only problem with this doll overall. As you can see, it's tailored really weirdly and doesn't hold up the way it should, besides it is near impossible to put it on the doll without removing her hands, which I didn't want to do because I didn't have the knowledge or materials to put them back. I had to cut a bit of the sleeve, but just on one part, where she has this glove:


Which is a really cute detail, but makes it nearly impossible to get that darn cropped jacket on! 👽Another issue I have with it is that it pushes the jumpsuit down and it makes the doll's torso area look weird. The jumpsuit is really cutsey, and it wasn't until I started dressing her back when I realized it has sphinxes on it. 


Super cute!



Here is a closer look of her face, along with the weird jumpsuit riding down problem. Luckily her breasts are covered by what looks like gauze or mummy tape so it looks like she's wearing a tube top, but it still looks strange. Her makeup isn't impressive, but it's cute with the heavy eyeliner and red lips. She is a bit cross-eyed, but again, all MH dolls are. And the orange strand is a nice touch as well.

I wasn't sure if the lighting allowed for a correct representation of the hair color, so I took the following picture using flash, because


I wanted to show everyone what a gorgeous color this is. Seriously, it looked absolutely superb in the daylight. It's this deep violet with some black mixed in, I'm really thinking about dying my hair like this next time.

Sorry for the weird writing, I just have many thoughts andt tried to put them down as coherently as possible. I love this doll. Next I will probably write about Isi Dawndancer cause I am super excited for her to come in the mail. Bye bye

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Game review - Yakuza 3

Perfume review: Cloud Pink by Ariana Grande

Lazy morning