Lazy morning

 Okay, it is technically almost 1 pm, but I woke up at 9:30 today, and I haven't processed that yet.

My therapist told me to try to be in bed by 12 and up by 8, but I am having trouble with both of these tasks: Hard to fall asleep and hard to wake up. Oh well.

Soon, I am going to start my work for the day, which is in preparation for an upcoming exam. I hope I can finish it as soon as possible so I can paint. I am currently painting a portrait of this doll:


She is a custom OOAK made by Dollightful:


I'm not claiming this character as mine or trying to monetize on this design in any way, I'm just painting her portrait because she is pretty, and I want to exercise my painting skills before I try my own designs. Obviously it is more challenging than I thought.

While on the topic of dolls, I just wanted to show my new MH doll, that just came in yesterday:


This gorgeous doll is the Zombie Shake Rochelle Goyle, her hair is a bit messy but that's because she is second hand. I got it from an online marketplace and I also have a Freaky Fusion incoming soon, which I believe is a combination of Cleo and Toralei.

Anyways, yesterday, while painting, I listened to the Trace Evidence podcast episode about Jennifer Fairgate. She is a lady who managed to check into the Radisson Blu Oslo hotel under a completely false identity and didn't pay anything for her stay. Eventually she ended her life by gunshot in her hotel room. Her name is obviously an alias and her true identity is still a mystery to this day, and so is the identity of the man she checked in with, by the name of Lois (Louis?) Fairgate.

A few weeks ago, I had done extensive research about the Isdal woman, a similar case from Norway as well. The cases are quite similar: they both traveled under aliases, they both had removed any identifying tags from their personal items, and both of their deaths had been considered as suicides, but that is quite a controversial topic. And both of them were thought to be spies/associated with espionage and secret services.

I have no opinion other than I wonder how come some people can just disappear. It's very unlikely they had no family or friends, no one to look for them. Even nowadays, people can just die and never be identified, maybe irregardless of whether someone is looking for them or not; maybe they die in a completely different location from the one they are being searched for in. I don't know, but it is interesting, and quite sad.

Two other cases of people dying in complete anonimity that come to mind are Peter Bergmann and the Somerton man, though the latter was eventually identified through modern DNA analysis. 

Anyways, it is time to wrap this entry up and start my work. The sooner I start, the quicker I get it over with, so I'll see you next time😓😓



Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Game review - Yakuza 3

Perfume review: Cloud Pink by Ariana Grande