Rainbow High doll review - Margot de Perla

I'm going to start by saying that in spite of being a doll enthusiast, I always found myself as an outsider in doll groups because I was never really interested in Rainbow High. 

I said to myself, if I'm gonna buy Rainbow High, it has to be their Chinese New Year Lily Cheng doll:
It's absolutely gorgeous and comes with a lot of traditionally Chinese accessories. It's still a doll I'm hunting to this day, but it has a ridiculous price tag so it might never actually end up on my shelf.

Well a while ago I did receive a Rainbow High doll that was unfortunately left unboxed as I was busy with other matters, but I am going to change that today.

So this doll is Margot la Perla from what I assume is their original collection. I know very little about this line because I don't really like them. The huge, round heads and "modern", hypebeast outfits do absolutely nothing for me. 

I like this doll but all of those items and add-ons that she comes with deeply bother me. I'm a fan of a classic doll in a box - you just open the box and get the doll (of course, nowadays you can't do that anymore without cutting a few plastic tags and tape), no little items that you also have to remove separately (and that will most likely get lost with time.) Removing a doll out of her plastic confines has become something of a sport worthy of the Olympic games, and Rainbow High is not about to fall behind.

Needless to say, it took a long time to liberate the doll and her items, but, without further ado, I will present my thoughts on her now.

As you can see she comes with a cute beach bag and a towel (?), and also a pair of sunglasses that aren't pictured here, but they were so flimsy, I feared I'd break them while trying to cut the plastic ties around them. She is very pretty with a good color scheme - white with contrasting hair and skin. Her hair actually reminds me of princess celestia from MLP. I wouldn't consider her well-dressed necessarily since she's just wearing a bikini, but the chiffon wrap and the bandana are nice touches. I noticed that the girls in Rainbow High are usually better dressed than the boys, but I also admit I'm biased because I never liked male dolls. 

She has a lot of hair, and I like the tinsel, it doesn't really make her stand out in any way since most modern dolls have tinsel in their hair (see for example: every monster high G3 doll). Still, it's a detail I'm glad is becoming widespread, I'm a firm believer in hair tinsel as it elevates the whole look. It's working very well for Margot.

Last but not least, I have to appreciate the make-up: 

She is wearing eyeliner, blended eyeshadow, and 3D lashes, with glossy, realistic eyes. The shade of pink on her lips is definitely something I would wear. It's not impressive, but this doll is clearly nice to look at. And that's about it.

I am meh about the body and the head shape, she is rounder and wider than my Monster high dolls. When it comes to dolls I really appreciate the classic Barbie physique that everybody bashes, so I don't like the new tendency of making dolls big and wide just to go against that. It's also worth noting that as I was setting up on her stand one of her legs fell off. Lol. She comes with replacement legs though, and as I don't "play" with my dolls it doesn't really matter to me, but just putting it out there that her limbs seem to be pretty fragile.

This is about it when it comes to Margot, she is my first and probably last Rainbow High doll. Even though i don't appreciate the "hypebeast" style i do appreciate good design and color palettes, and if someone has an eye for fashion or not. Whoever designed Margot does have that eye for fashion, she is effortlessly chic without the need for an intricate outfit or color scheme. I suppose the simplicity of the outfit is also adding to her charm. I can confidently say I like this doll a lot, and i would've liked it more if I didn't have to struggle for my life to unbox her.

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Game review - Yakuza 3

Perfume review: Cloud Pink by Ariana Grande

Lazy morning